As I prepare for my departure...there are many things to still gather and settle. I am posting our arrival instructions because the school has arranged to pick all of us up from the airport. None of us have any idea who we will be staying with and what kind of host family they are. The host family will greet us individually upon our arrival in Pont Aven and will escort us home. I am well aware that not knowing French will add an additional layer of complexity to the equation - the host families do not speak English. This expereince should be interesting as strangers will soon become fast friends.
Dear all,
Time to think about your arrival in Paris. Gwen Pacallet and Milena Martinovic will be in Charles de Gaulle airport to welcome you on Sunday the 27th of May.
The meeting point is at the INFORMATION BOOTH in the train station (Gare TGV), on the lower level of terminal 2.
We will be there at 11:00am and we will leave for Pont Aven with the bus at 1:00pm. Please be there before 12:45 so that we can leave on time.
Attached you will see what Gwen (administrator) and Milena (intern) look like.
Here also is a map of the airport to help you find your way, BUT if you get lost please find a telephone booth and call Gwen on her cell phone (please call, do not send emails, even on the Saturday if your flight is canceled or delayed!!!)
06 61 56 57 51
If you can't reach her on her cell phone, you can call the office in Pont-Aven:
02 98 09 10 45
Telephones in France work with a prepaid card: you can get this at any store in the airport that sells newspapers, cigarettes, books, etc. It is called a Carte Telephonique. Just stick the card into the slot in the phone booth and wait until the screen reads "composez le numero", then dial the number and wait until it rings.
Looking forward to seeing you,
CARINE
P.S. If you get lost at the airport, or your flight is delayed and you miss the bus, don't panic! Just call either Carine on her cell phone, or to the Pont-Aven office and we will talk you though how to take the train. Please DON'T just jump on a train without calling us first, as we will be worried without news, and there will be no one to meet you at the train station unless you have called to let us know when you are arriving in Quimperle (not Quimper, please)!
P.S. If you want to buy a sim card for your cell phone (bring your cell phone), SFR sells sim cards for 35€ at the shop called RELAY at the airport (just behind our meeting place).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am most anxious to receive news of your travels and experiences getting settled in Pont Aven. I called Abel and he up-dated me.
I am happy to hear that you have found the French countryside as beautiful and inspiring as the artists who have gone before you.
I am comforted to know you have a warm-hearted, sweet host family and that your room is pleasing and comfortable.
I know school will be difficult and challenging because good schools always are. I am looking forward to your descriptions of the artistic interactions as they happen and your observations about their meanings. The future will tell which of you will leave an inspiring story to beckon other artists. I only know, you are now a part of the rich artistic history in France. May you live well and prosper!
Post a Comment